Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionA murder committed on paper, safely within the confines of a vel, is one thing. To see that same crime in the real world, is something else entirely...Frank Fons is a very successful crime writer. His vels, famed for their visceral descriptions of violent death, have made him a household name. But w someone is copying his crimes. For Frank what once seemed a clever, intriguing plot twist, has suddenly become a terrifying, blood-spattered reality. In the vel, a redhead who was scared of water is drowned. In the mirror-image of the real world, she has become an ex-girlfriend chained and left to die at the bottom of the harbour. A corrupt police-officer tortured to death becomes a contact who dies with fear in his eyes. Someone is taking Franks' fiction and using it to destroy his life. The writer must become the detective. In fiction, the bad guy always gets caught, but in real life there is such guarantee. Fear becomes real. The knife cut hurts like hell. Our narrator may t survive. No-one is promising you a happy ending. For Frank what had once been a game is w a matter of life and death.
- Author BiographyMikkel Birkegaard lives in Copenhagen. He is also the author of The Library of Shadows . It was first published in his native Denmark where it was a national bestseller, and has now gone on to be published in seventeen languages.
- Author(s)Mikkel Birkegaard
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Weight281 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.