All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating work analyzes the meaning and impact of homicidal threats, the means by which they are communicated, and their development from infrequent private occurrence to ongoing social problem. Using data from the Stalking and Violence Project and recent events including the Virginia Tech massacre, Stephen Morewitz explores the lives of the men (and to a lesser degree, women) who make threats against their partners, strangers, social groups, and institutions.
- Author BiographyStephen J. Morewitz has almost 20 years of experience as a behavioral/public health scientist, university faculty member, and consultant. He runs a research institution in San Francisco supervising research on the epidemiology and psychosocial aspects of the lower extremity disease/injury, disability, diabetes, and arthritis, and more. He has served on the staff or faculty of Michael Reese Hospital & Medical Center, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine & School of Public Health, DePaul University, Argonne National Laboratory, & the California College of Podiatric Medicine.
- Author(s)Stephen J. Morewitz
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/08/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note14 black & white tables, biography
- Weight459 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.98Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.