All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe martial arts world is rife with tales of ancient masters who could cause instant or delayed death or illness by attacking secret points on the human body. But to the Western mind, the concept of striking acupuncture points to disrupt the internal energy, or chi, seems like hocus-pocus. Thus, many serious martial artists dismiss the ancient art of dim-mak (also kwn as kyusho jitsu), which is literally translated as 'death touch,' as thing more than fiction. Dr Michael Kelly, an osteopathic physician and experienced dim-mak practitioner, explains dim-mak's effects based on medical science. In layman's terms, Dr Kelly reveals the physiological basis for what is clearly a very real and dangerous method of fighting. In the process of unravelling the mystery of this legendary art, Dr Kelly makes the true genius of its founders brutally, and painfully apparent.
- Author BiographyAs an osteopathic physician and a former state police officer, Michael Kelly has had multiple opportunities to test his martial art skills and his knowledge of dim-mak. Dr. Kelly has trained in Okinawan shorin-ryu karate for more than 15 years and is a second-degree black belt. He has been investigating the effects of dim-mak on the body as well as the pressure point attacks hidden within the traditional forms for the past 10 years and has published numerous articles on the medical aspects of dim-mak.
- Author(s)Michael Kelly
- PublisherPartners Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationHolt, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPartners Publishing Group
- Content Notephotos, illust.
- Weight259 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.