Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionDeath Wasn't Painful is a true account of the experiences of a former Indian fighter pilot, who was taken prisoner during the 1971 Indo-Pak/Bangladesh Liberation War. While depicting the intrepid life of fighter pilots in active combat, the book also has an introspective side where it portrays the soldier's reactions to the terrifying realities of war. The experiences of prisoners of war are finely drawn, as we share the emotions of war - death, alienation, loneliness and grief. Through heart-warming anecdotes and conversational passages of interactions with Pakistani interrogators, attendants, jailors and civilians, the book juxtaposes the metaphor of physical battles in the sky with the conflict of minds between two nations.
- Author BiographyDhirendra S. Jafa, Wing Commander (Retd.), Indian Air Force, was taken prisoner of war in Pakistan during the 1971 conflict. He was awarded the Vir Chakra for bravery in the battlefield.
- Author(s)Dhirendra Singh Jafa
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.