All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the harrowing story about a father, a family, a daughter. Fifteen year-old Vanessa began taking Prepulsid after her doctor prescribed the drug to alleviate a stomach disorder. Suddenly, unexpectedly, she collapses and dies in her family home. Confusion, grief, remorse get channelled by Terence Young into determination to get to the root causes of his daughters death. His investigations take him from Health Canada to the Coroners Office, from the sales people of major drug manufacturers to the medical profession, from the legal profession to the courts. This is a compelling story, a remarkably well written and fully documented book which takes you into the inner workings of the global drug companies, the intricate relationships between the pharmaceutical industries and the regulatory bodies of government, the complicity of the medical profession and the tragic consequences for the public. Terence H. Youngs deeply personal story will affect every reader.
- Author BiographyTerence Young is the founder and chair of Drug Safety Canada, a research and public advocacy organization based in Oakville. He has been active in issues related to prescription drug safety since 2000, after losing his fifteen-year-old daughter Vanessa to the Johnson & Johnson prescription drug Prepulsid. Terence's presentations make an impact wherever he appears, including University of British Columbia, University of Toronto, the Rotman School of Business, and various community groups. He has been quoted in media interviews and has appeared on TVO, CBC, and CBC radio.Bartholomew Bart Stupak is an American politician and lobbyist. A member of the Democratic Party, Stupak served as the U.S. Representative from Michigan's 1st congressional district from 1993 to 2011.
- Author(s)Terence Young
- PublisherMosaic Press
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMosaic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.