All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionFans of How to Survive Middle School will welcome the adventures of a contest-crazed seventh grader who uses his wits and way with words in hopes of winning a big cash prize to help his family avoid eviction. Benjamin is about to lose a whole lot more than good toilet paper. But even with his flair for clever slogans, will he be able to win a cash prize large eugh to keep a promise he made to his dad before he died? Praise for Death by Toilet Paper Gephart's generous view of humanity's basic goodness shines through, and she leavens her characters' difficult situation with plenty of humor. . . Readers can't help but enjoy this heartening book about hanging in there. -- Kirkus Reviews Ben is a character kids will root for, and he's surrounded by family and friends who help him see things will be okay, a message that may comfort readers facing similar circumstances. -- Publisher's Weekly Gephart, author of How to Survive Middle School (BCCB 6/10), again shows a deft hand at rendering difficult situations with empathy, adding just the right amount of realistic humor to relieve but t trivial- ize. . . Despite its title and cover art, this is t a romp, but it would make a fine classroom readaloud. --The Bulletin From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyAs a child Donna Gephart entered every contest she could find and won everything from savings bonds for college to a check for $1.98 to tickets to a local amusement park. She lives in Florida.
- Author(s)Donna Gephart
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Weight249 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.