All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVictorian Chelsea was a thriving commercial and residential development, kwn for its grand houses and pleasant garden squares. Violent crime was unheard of in this leafy suburb. The double murder of an elderly man of God and his faithful housekeeper in two ferocious, bloody attacks in May of 1870 therefore shook the residents of Chelsea to the core. This volume examines the extraordinary case, one which could have leapt straight from the pen of Agatha Christie herself: the solving of the crime relied on the discovery of a packing box dripping with blood, and the capture of a mysterious French nephew. Compiled by a former detective, it looks at the facts: direct evidence to place the suspect at either of the crime scenes; weapon recovered; motive substantiated. It lets you, the reader, decide: would you, on the evidence presented, have sent the same man to the gallows?
- Author BiographyGary Powell is a retired police officer who specialized in terrorism investigations. He currently works as a security consultant and offers guided tours around London.
- Author(s)Gary Powell
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2014
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note45 black & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.