All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's surprise that fatalities occur every year in Great Smoky Mountains National Park due to the sheer number of visitors--more than ten million annually! In these cautionary tales, Bradley recounts deaths and other unfortunate incidents that have resulted from accidents and human folly, including bear attacks, swift water disasters, and mysterious disappearances. Armchair travelers and park visitors alike will be fascinated by the dangers lurking in America's most visited national park and will be better informed about what to do and what t to do the next time they enter its gates.
- Author BiographyMichael R. Bradley has taught US History at Motlow College in Lynchburg, Tennessee, since 1970. He has hiked and camped in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for more than forty-five years. He is the author of It Happened in the Revolutionary War, It Happened in the Civil War, and It Happened in the Great Smokies.
- Author(s)Michael Bradley
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication08/04/2016
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Weight286 g
- Width138 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.