All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA revealing and dramatic chronicle of the twelve months leading up to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination. Martin Luther King Jr. died in one of the most shocking assassinations the world has kwn, but little is remembered about the life he led in his final year. New York Times bestselling author and award-winning broadcaster Tavis Smiley recounts the final 365 days of King's life, revealing the minister's trials and tribulations - denunciations by the press, rejection from the president, dismissal by the country's black youth, assaults on his character, ideology, and political tactics, to name a few-all of which he had to rise above in order to lead and address the racism, poverty, and militarism that threatened to destroy our democracy.
- Author BiographyTavis Smiley is the host of PBS's Tavis Smiley and Public Radio International's The Tavis Smiley Show. Smiley is also the bestselling author of 17 books. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)David Ritz,Tavis Smiley
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBack Bay Books
- Weight246 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.