Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionRosemary Sutcliff has long been acclaimed for her historical vels, especially those about the early peoples of Britain. She was a master at recreating in fiction the rites and rituals of primitive religions. The author explores Sutcliff's use of sacred themes through twelve of her most famous vels. Students of children's literature, librarians, and teachers of literature and history will find, in addition to a detailed analysis of each vel, an examination of Sutcliff's sources and influences, implications for use with students, a short biography of Sutcliff, and a complete list of her published work. Especially relevant to readers and teachers interested in sacred mythology or feminism. Bibliography and index.
- Author BiographyBarbara L. Talcroft has been a teacher of literature and writing in public schools and has taught children's literature and language arts at Wright State University. She is now a freelance writer, consultant, and researcher.
- Author(s)Barbara L. Talcroft
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/04/1995
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width146 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.