All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeath To The Starving Artist outlines a comprehensive marketing model for ambitious artists who are ready to reach a wider audience and turn their art hobby into an art career. Each year, art schools across the country spit countless artists into society who have been trained well at their craft but lack the tactical, strategic kwledge necessary to turn their craft into a sustainable business. Too many artists accept the flawed maxim that art and commerce don't mix. They adopt the antiquated starving artist paradigm, which is a lie that only perpetuates self-limiting beliefs. Contemporary pop artist and marketing expert Nikolas Allen aims to kill this outmoded paradigm once and for all. With Death To The Starving Artist, Allen guides readers through his proprietary model of using the Right Tools to reach the Right Audience with the Right Message. This book teaches artists how to talk about themselves and their work in a compelling way that intrigues their target audience. It outlines myriad exhibition opportunities and helps artists target the appropriate venues for their career goals. It explains the extensive tools available both online and offline that will help artists build their brand and grow their business. Author Nikolas Allen is a life-long artist. He kws the unique challenges artists face, yet he refuses to coddle fragile egos. The book is jam packed with strategic, practical kwledge, tips, stories, examples and insights written in a fresh, bold voice full of humor, experience and tough love. With Death To The Starving Artist - Art Marketing Strategies for a Killer Creative Career, Nikolas Allen aims to educate, encourage and inspire ambitious artists with ideas, insights, and resources that will empower them to succeed in their creative field.
- Author BiographyNikolas Allen is a contemporary pop artist who creates bold, fun, irreverent works of art in various media. He played guitar in rock bands for a dozen years, ran a video production company, and enjoyed a 15-year career in advertising in Minneapolis, MN. In 2008, he moved to the West Coast where he spent 2.5 years as marketing director for a non-profit art gallery. He currently runs his own marketing consulting business helping small business owners, including artists, reach a wider audience with effective marketing strategies. Nikolas has lived in Greece, Africa, Minnesota, Louisiana, Texas, and New Mexico. He currently resides at the foot of a magical, mystical volcano in the far reaches of northern California.
- Author(s)Nikolas Allen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.