All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Texas artist Tessa Pryce attends the Ghouls & Glamour Girls horror movie show, she awakens Butehamun, sorcerer-priest of Seth, Ancient Egypt's God of Chaos. If Butehamun passes the Underworld's demonic 12 Gates of Night, chaos will ravage the world for all eternity. To defeat Butehamun and the god Seth, Tessa must save Ancient Egyptian Pharaoh Amenhotep III from assassination. Wielding the magic Pen of Thoth, Tessa is aided by three unlikely companions: Prince Kaemwaset, son of Ramesses the Great: warrior, magician, healer, and priest of the sacred Apis bulls. Victorian captain Edmund Whitstoke, whose fiance Sylvia was massacred in India's 1857 Great Mutiny. (Traumatized by her death, Whitstoke seeks to save Pharaoh Amenhotep's daughter, Princess Sitamun, from a forced, incestuous marriage with her father). Warrior dwarf Pyrnyankhu, survivor of the torture pits of Ancient Egypt's enemy, the Mittani. The companions pursue Butehamun from the Ancient Egyptian Underworld to modern Texas, and from India's 1857 Cawnpore Massacre to the brothels of Victorian London. Will the sorcerer Butehamun escape through the 12 Gates of Night of Ancient Egypt's Underworld? Will Seth, God of Chaos, triumph? Or will artist Tessa Pryce (thanks to royal Prince Kaemwaset & friends) prove that the magic Pen of Thoth-and love-is mightier than the sword?
- Author BiographyP.J. Edwards has a passion for forgotten human stories that have slipped through the cracks of Time. Besieged is the first in a series of bio-novellas exploring untold stories of famous people. Edwards' writing weaves together elements from her life with research into unlikely topics: military history, Elizabethan torture, hagiography, mass fatalities training, singing for a pope, WW I Australian submarines, making a PBS Hispanic civil rights documentary, and much more. A playwright as well as a book author, Edwards' creative life paraphrases Howard Barker's dictum, The work of a playwright is to imagine hard. Your purchase encourages her to imagine even harder.
- Author(s)P J Edwards
- Date of Publication22/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1161 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.