Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionLatest in ever-popular and consistently acclaimed Dalziel & Pascoe series: 'Reginald Hill stands head and shoulders above any other writer of homebred crime fiction' Tom Hiney, Observer In T.L. Beddoes' play Death's Jest-Book, the dead won't lie still in the grave and the living often wish they could. And Reginald Hill's vel is much the same - except perhaps for a few more jests. The dead-pan joker, Franny Roote, is working on his dead friend's unfinished biography of Beddoes, and with unfinished business between himself and DCI Pascoe to deal with as well. Three times Pascoe has been wrong about Roote. This time he's determined to leave grave-stone unturned as he tries to prove that the ex-con and aspiring academic is mad, bad and dangerous to kw. Meanwhile, Edgar Wield, Quixote-like, rides to the rescue of a child in danger, and finds he's got a rent-boy under his wing. In return, the boy tips him off about the heist of a pricesless treasure, and soon Wieldy's torn between protecting the boy and doing his duty. His superiors might have worries, but DC Hat Bowler's looking forward to a blissful New Year with the girl of his dreams. The trouble is that that girl is Rye Pomo
- Author BiographyReginald Hill is a native of Cumbria and a former resident of Yorkshire, the setting for his outstanding crime novels featuring Dalziel and Pascoe, 'the best detective duo on the scene bar none' (Daily Telegraph). His writing career began with the publication of A Clubbable Woman (1970), which introduced Chief Superintendent Andy Dalziel and DS Peter Pascoe. With their subsequent appearances Reginald Hill has won numerous awards, including the Crime Writers' Assocation Cartier Diamond Dagger for his lifetime contribution to the genre.
- Author(s)Reginald Hill
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication07/05/2002
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleDalziel & Pascoe Novel S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCollins Crime
- Out-of-print date04/10/2004
- Weight851 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.