All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionDebates in Geography Education encourages student and practising teachers to engage with and reflect on key issues, concepts and debates in their specialist subject teaching. It aims to enable geography teachers to reach their own informed judgements and argue their point of view with deeper theoretical kwledge and understanding. Expert editors and contributors provide a balance of experience and perspectives and offer international, historical and policy contexts, evidence informed classroom debates and a glimpse of the subject's expanding horizons. Debates considered include: * what constitutes kwledge in geography? * constructing the curriculum; * how do we link assessment to making progress in geography? * the contribution of fieldwork and outdoor experiences; * techlogy and media; * how we use Geographical Information; * how geography contributes to 'global learning'; * sustainable development and geography education. The comprehensive, rigorous coverage of these key issues, together with carefully antated selected further reading, reflective questions and a range of specific web-based resources, will help support shape your own research and writing. Debates in Geography Education is a source of kwledge, experience and debate that will be essential reading for all students studying at Masters level, practising teachers who want to develop a better understanding of the issues that shape their practice, and Education Studies students considering in-depth subject teaching.
- Author BiographyDavid Lambert was Chief Executive of the Geographical Association from 2002 to 2012 and is now Professor of Geography Education at the Institute of Education, University of London, UK. He is the author of a wide range of books, including Teaching School Subjects 11 - 19: Geography and Learning to Teach Geography in the Secondary School, 2nd edition, both published by Routledge. Mark Jones is a PGCE Geography Tutor and Senior Lecturer in Education at the University of the West of England, Bristol, UK. He is engaged in research into secondary curriculum development, innovation and building sustainable geography networks in Bristol and the south-west region.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThe Debates in Subject Teaching Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white tables, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid Lambert,Mark Jones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.