All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDebating Gender, Debating Sexuality incorporates many different and fruitful approaches to understanding gender and sexuality. In this collection, Nikki R. Keddie presents essays, chosen from the journal Contention, written by outstanding scholars and theorists, along with responses to them. Topics discussed include procreation and female oppression, trends in feminist theory, gender and U.S. social policy, Marxism and women's history, the male search for identity today and the works of Foucault and Freud. Contributors include Nicky Hart, Juliet Mitchell, Elizabeth Fox-Gevese, Barbara Laslett, Sandra Harding, Linda Gordon, Theda Skocpol, Deborah Valenze, Iris Berger, Philippa Levine, Susan Rubin Suleiman, Theodore C. Kent, Roy Porter, Mark Poster, Jeffrey Masson, Frederick Crews, and Jeffrey Prager.
- Author BiographyAuthor of numerous books, including the acclaimed Roots of Revolution, Nikki R. Keddie is Professor of History at the University of California, Los Angeles and editor of the award- winning journal Contention.
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1996
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byNiki R. Keddie
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.