All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study provides an in-depth analysis of the external debt problem of a country--Mexico--that allegedly faces a debt overhang, which inhibits long-term growth-oriented investment. Issues facing the debtor nation and its commercial bank creditors are simultaneously examined in order to move closer towards an understanding of the situation of debt-distressed developing countries. The need to address these issues on a case-by-case basis is emphasized, opposed to a global approach to solving the debt crisis presently recommended by some. Not only does this work provide a survey of the theoretical literature on the international debt crisis it also provides a way of incorporating simultaneously the concerns of the opposing sides--debtor nations and creditor banks. It will be of interest to ecomists and policy-makers in international finance and trade and development ecomics.
- Author BiographySUDARSHAN GOOPTU is an Economist with the Debt and International Finance Division in the International Economics Department of the World Bank.
- Author(s)Sudarshan Gooptu
- Date of Publication26/01/1993
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight507 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.