All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamining the causes of the acute Latin American debt crisis that began in mid-1982, North American analysts have typically focused on deficiencies in the debtor countries' ecomic policies and on shocks from the world ecomy. Much less emphasis has been placed on the role of the region's principal creditors--private banks--in the development of the crisis. Robert Devlin rounds out the story of Latin America's debt problem by demonstrating that the banks were an endogeus source of instability in the region's debt cycle, as they overexpanded on the upside and overcontracted on the downside. Originally published in 1990. The Princeton Legacy Library uses the latest print-on-demand techlogy to again make available previously out-of-print books from the distinguished backlist of Princeton University Press. These editions preserve the original texts of these important books while presenting them in durable paperback and hardcover editions. The goal of the Princeton Legacy Library is to vastly increase access to the rich scholarly heritage found in the thousands of books published by Princeton University Press since its founding in 1905.
- PrizesShortlisted for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 1991.
- Author(s)Robert Devlin
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication18/11/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitlePrinceton Legacy Library
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1990
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note16 line illus.
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.57New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.12New
- AU $61.25Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.