All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe starting-point for this study of messer Bernardo, father of the statesman and humanist Niccolo Machiavelli, is the diary he wrote over a period of thirteen years (1474-1487). Drawing upon many further sources, including Bernardo's will, tax records and genealogies, the first in-depth investigation of the libro di ricordi reconstructs a parama of everyday life during a fascinating period of the history of Florence. Topics explored include Machiavelli family history, household ecomy, wedding rites and Bernardo's interest in books and printing. This study is invaluable for an understanding of Niccolo's intellectual and family background. Four case-studies examine how messer Bernardo dealt with disputes and reveal the medieval roots of behaviour and mentality in Quattrocento Florence.
- Author BiographyThe Author: After studying European Prehistory at London University, Catherine Atkinson, M. A., worked for a number of years in medieval building archaeology in Northern Germany, where she now lives. Having completed a master's course at Hannover University in Medieval and Early Modern History, she is currently engaged in writing her doctoral thesis in Renaissance History and Literature.
- Author(s)Catherine Atkinson
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/02/2002
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleDialoghi / Dialogues Literatur Und Kultur Italiens Und Frankreichs
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notenum fig. and tab.
- Weight250 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.