All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the course of their 20+-year engineering careers, authors Brian Fitzpatrick and Ben Collins-Sussman have picked up a treasure trove of wisdom and anecdotes about how successful teams work together. Their conclusion? Even among people who have spent decades learning the technical side of their jobs, most haven't really focused on the human component. Learning to collaborate is just as important to success. If you invest in the soft skills of your job, you can have a much greater impact for the same amount of effort. The authors share their insights on how to lead a team effectively, navigate an organization, and build a healthy relationship with the users of your software. This is valuable information from two respected software engineers whose popular series of talks-including Working with Poisous People -has attracted hundreds of thousands of followers.
- Author BiographyBrian W. Fitzpatrick is a member of the Apache Software Foundation and currently works for Google. He has been involved with Subversion in one way or another since its inception in early 2000. He is also the author of Version Control with Subversion. Originally from New Orleans, Brian moved to Chicago to attend Loyola University where he received a degree in Latin and Greek. Ben Collins-Sussman is one of the founding developers of the Subversion version control system, co-authored O'Reilly's Version Control with Subversion book as well as chapters for Unix in a Nutshell and Linux in a Nutshell. Ben co-founded Google's engineering office in Chicago, ported Subversion to Google's Bigtable platform, led Google Code's Project Hosting team, and now manages the engineering team for the Google Affiliate Network. Ben collects hobbies which tend to explore the tension between art and science. He has given numerous talks about the social challenges of software development. He writes interactive fiction games and tools, and was the co-winner of the 15th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition. He has co-authored several original musicals and received multiple awards for musical theater composition. He has an Extra-class FCC license for amateur radio, and also spends time learning DSLR photography and playing bluegrass banjo. Ben is a proud native of Chicago, and holds Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Chicago with a major in Mathematics and minor in Linguistics. He still lives in Chicago with his wife, kids, and cats.
- Author(s)Ben Collins-Sussman,Brian W. Fitzpatrick
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width157 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.