Decade of Change: Managing in Times of Uncertainty by Gallup Press (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.15Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChange is often an abstract concept, discussed in business conferences and academic seminars. But it's been all too real this past decade. The momentousness of change during the past 10 years has inspired the Gallup Management Journal, an online business magazine that posts articles weekly for nearly 300,000 subscribers, to review how it covered and evaluated events during this period; how it tried to make sense of rapid change right as it was unfolding; and most importantly, how Gallup's most visionary people, as well as the great minds with whom Gallup regularly associates, helped organizational leaders navigate the most tumultuous years in memory. In these pages, you'll find insights and wisdom into how to manage, and make the most of, change. Nobel Prize winner Daniel Kahneman probes the nature of decision-making. Lieutenant General Russel Honore, of Hurricane Katrina fame, offers leadership lessons he applied in the crucible of crisis. Vinton Cerf, one of the creators of the Internet, tells how he'll get six billion people online. Visionary executive Ray Anderson makes a powerful business case for environmental sustainability. Gallup Chairman and CEO Jim Clifton reveals what everyone in the globe most wants, And a host of other executives and thinkers tackle everything from mitigating the fear of layoffs, to promoting wellbeing in the workplace, to building customer engagement amid the post-crash new normal. Some of the best business and organizational minds can be found in these pages, steering leaders through the various crises of the past decade, and helping find a way forward to what we all hope will be a brighter and more prosperous future. Decade of Change is as much a look backward as it is a roadmap for what lies ahead.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Brewer is the editorial director of Gallup Press, which publishes books and the Gallup Management Journal. He is the editor of numerous bestsellers, including the #1 New York Times bestseller How Full Is Your Bucket? and the #1 Wall Street Journal bestseller StrengthsFinder 2.0, which has sold more than 1 million copies. He was previously a contributing writer on management for The New York Times and is a seven-time recipient of the Jesse H. Neal Editorial Achievement Award from American Business Media. Brewer lives in Brooklyn, New York, with his wife, Regan Solmo, and their son, Henry. Barb Sanford is the managing editor of the Gallup Management Journal and an editor for Gallup Press, where she has worked on the New York Times bestsellers 12: The Elements of Great Managing and How Full Is Your Bucket?, among others. Sanford is actively involved in the International Association of Business Communicators and has served in leadership roles at the chapter and regional levels. She lives in Lincoln, Nebraska, with her husband, Howard, and daughter, Elizabeth.
- PublisherGallup Press
- Date of Publication17/05/2011
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOmaha
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGallup Press
- Content Notecharts
- Weight565 g
- Width157 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBarb Sanford,Geoffrey Brewer
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.