All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionIs murder always a simple transaction? Don't bank on it. Sadie Walela's life is about to be turned upside down. One morning Sadie unlocks the door at the Mercury Savings Bank and confronts a robber who's been lying in wait for her and her fellow employees. He flees after stealing money and killing her coworker. When a whirlwind of events leaves Sadie herself under suspicion, she sets out to clear her name. This banker turned sleuth is suddenly plunged into an unfamiliar world in which people are t always as they appear-t her employer, t the homeless man she's befriended, t the police officer who takes an interest in the case, t the man she falls in love with. And, as she's beginning to imagine, t even herself. Sadie is a blue-eyed Cherokee living in rtheastern Oklahoma, a half-blood who finds she sometimes has to adapt to get by in the white man's world, much as her father's ancestors did. In this story of robbery, murder, love, and intrigue, she faces adversity at each bend in the road, but in the tradition of her people she adapts and moves forward even if it means having to re-think her relationships and expectations. Set against the backdrop of small-town Oklahoma and its Native culture, Deception on All Accounts draws readers into the real lives of contemporary American Indians as it shines a light on violence, corporate corruption, and prejudice in modern America. As Sadie Walela comes to terms with murder, romance, and her hopes for a career, she finds deception on all accounts.
- Author BiographySara Sue Hoklototubbe, a member of the Cherokee Nation, was named Writer of the Year by the Wordcraft Circle of Native Writers and Storytellers for her first book, Deception on All Accounts, also published by the University of Arizona Press. She is a member of Mystery Writers of America and Sisters in Crime.
- Author(s)Sara Sue Hoklotubbe
- PublisherUniversity of Arizona Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2003
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationTucson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arizona Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.