Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time ever, a book dares to reveal the secrets of the world's most influential meditation method. Deciphering the Golden Flower One Secret at a Time is an interpretive companion piece to The Secret of the Golden Flower. It's also a masterfully composed personal narrative. The author, JJ Semple shares his many years of first-hand practice with the sacred book's meditation system. One-by-one, he reveals the techniques behind the book's secrets, providing clear instructions on how to use them. Not even Richard Wilhelm, the translator, or Carl Gustav Jung, the famous psychologist, who wrote the original commentary to The Secret of the Golden Flower, were able to plumb the depths of this method. This book is an extraordinary statement about the inevitability of karma and the obstacles one must overcome in the quest for self-realization.
- Author BiographyJJ Semple has worked as a film editor for NBC with TV producers Stuart Schulberg and Ted Yates, and he edited Assassin, an independent feature film, for Rod Bradley's Streetlight Productions. In the 1970s and 80s he lived in France, where he directed his own training school, Arazon, a company that prepared managers for negotiation and problem solving. After attending a French business school, he established a subsidiary of UNILOG, a leading French software company, in the US. He returned to Paris to work for Apple Computer Europe, designing multimedia programs. He also taught a multimedia course at the American University in Paris. It was during this period that he began writing feature screenplays. His screenplay, Everyone Wants to Make Movies (co-written with Mark Richardson) won the Telluride award in 1997, and their screenplay Little Dan won first place at the Telluride Independent Film Festival in 2000. Semple's formal education includes studying English Literature at the University of Pennsylvania and George Washington University, and a master's degree in marketing from Hauts Etudes de Commerce in Paris. His personal education involves yogic practices and spiritual exploration, inspired by a wide variety of teachers, writers and philosophers, including Gopi Krishna, Milarepa, and Lao Tse. However, his worldly accomplishments pale beside his thirty years of investigating workable methods for activating the Kundalini. JJ Semple is one of the foremost authorities on the activation and application of Kundalini. Says JJ Semple, My work is inspired by a variety of teachers, writers and practitioners, including Gopi Krishna, Milarepa, and Lao Tse. After many years of practicing Yoga and meditation on my own, I realized my self-reliance had provided me with the knowledge to create a method of my own-a method for self-learners. It's called restorative Golden Flower Meditation (GFM), a method I learned through extensive study of The Secret of the Golden Flower. I now use it with students all over the world. Every Yoga teacher and meditation instructor should know about GFM. Even if they don't use it, they should have the techniques in their toolkit. I'm talking about the ability to teach students to self-monitor and make necessary adjustments. If you really think about it, success in anything comes from learning to rely on yourself.
- Author(s)JJ Semple
- PublisherLife Force Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationBayside
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLife Force Books
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight241 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.