All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCrunch Big Data to optimize marketing and more! Overwhelmed by all the Big Data w available to you? Not sure what questions to ask or how to ask them? Using Microsoft Excel and proven decision analytics techniques, you can distill all that data into manageable sets-and use them to optimize a wide variety of business and investment decisions. In Decision Analytics: Microsoft Excel, best selling statistics expert and consultant Conrad Carlberg will show you how-hands-on and step-by-step. Carlberg guides you through using decision analytics to segment customers (or anything else) into sensible and actionable groups and clusters. Next, you'll learn practical ways to optimize a wide spectrum of decisions in business and beyond-from pricing to cross-selling, hiring to investments-even facial recognition software uses the techniques discussed in this book! Through realistic examples, Carlberg helps you understand the techniques and assumptions that underlie decision analytics and use simple Excel charts to intuitively grasp the results. With this foundation in place, you can perform your own analyses in Excel and work with results produced by advanced stats packages such as SAS and SPSS. This book comes with an extensive collection of downloadable Excel workbooks you can easily adapt to your own unique requirements, plus VBA code to streamline several of its most complex techniques. * Classify data according to existing categories or naturally occurring clusters of predictor variables * Cut massive numbers of variables and records down to size, so you can get the answers you really need * Utilize cluster analysis to find patterns of similarity for market research and many other applications * Learn how multiple discriminant analysis helps you classify cases * Use MANOVA to decide whether groups differ on multivariate centroids * Use principal components to explore data, find patterns, and identify latent factors Register your book for access to all sample workbooks, updates, and corrections as they become available at quepublishing.com/title/9780789751683.
- Author BiographyConrad Carlberg has written eleven books about quantitative analysis with Excel, including Statistical Analysis: Microsoft(R) Excel 2010 and Predictive Analytics: Microsoft(R) Excel. His company, found at www.conradcarlberg.com, focuses on the quantitative analysis of data that companies routinely collect in their sales, employee, customer management and other operations database systems. Carlberg holds a Ph.D. in statistics from the University of Colorado and has 25 years' experience applying advanced analytical techniques. Conrad Carlberg lives near San Diego with his wife, not too far from the beach, but high enough that the rise in the sea level is unlikely to convert their home to waterfront property. Two cats round out the indoor menagerie; the three rabbits are required to stay outside.
- Author(s)Conrad George Carlberg
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Weight444 g
- Width179 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.