All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe present study has attempted to apply the advantage of neuro-genetic algorithms for optimal decision making in maximum utilization of natural resources. Hydro-power is one of the inexpensive, but a reliable source of alternative energy which is foreseen as the possible answer to the present crisis in the energy sector. However, the major problem related to hydro-energy is its dependency on location. An ideal location can produce maximum energy with minimum loss. Besides, such power-plant also requires substantial amount of land which is a precious resource wadays due to the rapid and uncontrolled urbanization observed in most of the urban centres in the World. The feasibility of such plants also depends on social acceptance as well as the level of environmental casualty and ecomic benefit, all of which is also spatially dependent. Decision making algorithms are applied to identify better solution if a problem has more than one alternative explication. Nature based algorithms are found to be efficient eugh to catalyze such kind of decision making analysis. That is why the present study tries to utilize nature based algorithms to solve the problems of location selection for hydropower plants. The study employed six different types of nature based algorithms to select one of the locations among many available for installation of hydropower plant in the North Eastern part of the Indian subcontinent. The locations are selected based on their in stream resources and included in the decision making as alternatives. A methodology of criteria selection, determination of weightage and applications of bioinspired algorithms are adopted to produce utmost exertion of the available natural resources with minimum hostility and wastage of the same.
- Author BiographyDr. Mrinmoy Majumder is an Assistant Professor in the School of Hydro-Informatics Engineering at the National Institute of Technology Agartala, India. He completed his PhD in 2010 from Jadavpur University. His current research interests are on Hydro-informatics, Natural resource management and Nature based algorithms. He has published more than 25 papers in various national and international journals and has authored 4 books. Mr. Soumya Ghosh is a Lecturer of Greater Kolkata Institute of Technology and Management, India. He completed his Master of Technology from School of Water Resource Engineering, Jadavpur University in 2010. His current research interests are in the field of renewable energy, tidal power and electrical machines.
- Author(s)Mrinmoy Majumder,Soumya Ghosh
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication07/06/2013
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Energy
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight140 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.