All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume of Annals of Information Systems will ackwledge the twentieth anniversary of the founding of the International Society for Decision Support Systems (ISDSS) by documenting some of the current best practices in teaching and research and envisioning the next twenty years in the decision support systems field. The volume is intended to complement existing DSS literature by offering an outlet for thoughts and research particularly suited to the theme of describing the next twenty years in the area of decision support. Several subthemes are planned for the volume. One subtheme draws on the assessments of internationally kwn DSS researchers to evaluate where the field has been and what has been accomplished. A second subtheme of the volume will be describing the current best practices of DSS research and teaching efforts. A third subtheme will be an assessment by top DSS scholars on where the DSS discipline needs to focus in the future. The tone of this volume is one of enthusiasm for the potential contributions to come in the area of DSS; contributions that must incorporate an understanding of what has been accomplished in the past, build on the best practices of today, and be be integrated into future decision making practices. The primary questions raised by this volume are: * What will information systems-based decision support entail in twenty years? * What research is needed to realize the envisioned future of information systems-based decision support? * How will the teaching of information systems-based decision support change over the next twenty years? * What are the best practices of teaching in the decision support area that can be leveraged to best disseminate DSS kwledge advances to students and practitioners?
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/11/2010
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Series TitleAnnals of Information Systems
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note59 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables, biography
- Weight351 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDaniel J. Power,David Paradice,David Schuff,Frada Burstein,Ramesh Sharda
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.