Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionDecision-making has been a black art for centuries. In the 20th Century, however, methods and procedures for decision-making have achieved some success, thanks to management science techniques. Making a decision is, by its very nature, a blend of qualitative and quantitative processes. Qualitative analysis exists around scrutiny of observed or anticipated actions. This research technique demands an analyst who can maintain an objective view of the situation. However, when we discuss quantitative analysis, we think of numbers and quantities. The mind wanders to counting, statistics and probabilities, an uncomfortable place for many. This has been the standard domain for decision theory for decades. Statisticians and the mathematically inclined consider qualitative analysis to be a stepchild. In contrast, a person who is involved in the decision making process often intuitively operates using qualitative analysis. Qualitative analysis makes use of that person's experience, expertise and professional opinions.
- Author BiographyHoward Flomberg While serving in the Air Force, Howard Flomberg received extensive training in computers. After serving a four-year hitch, he has both a B.S. in Management Science and an M.S. in Computer Science/ Information Systems. He had a career in Information Systems that spanned over 30 years. Flomberg had project responsibility as a consultant for companies that included IBM, GM, ARCO and Anaconda Minerals. To promote his own mental health he has been teaching courses in both the Computer Information Systems and Management Decision Theory since 1978. Howard Flomberg has written two books for these courses and one of these, Management Decision Theory, Managing Pragmatically is going into its second edition. Flomberg retired from industry about 6 years ago and now he just concentrates on writing and teaching.
- Author(s)Howard Flomberg
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.