All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJust making a decision can be hard eugh, but how do you begin to judge whether it's the right one? Chip and Dan Heath, authors of number 1 New York Times best-seller Switch, show you how to overcome your brain's natural shortcomings. In Decisive, Chip and Dan Heath draw on decades of psychological research to explain why we so often get it very badly wrong - why our supposedly rational brains are frequently tripped up by powerful biases and wishful thinking. At the same time they demonstrate how relatively easy it is to avoid the pitfalls and find the best answers, offering four simple principles that we can all learn and follow. In the process, they show why it is that experts frequently make mistakes. They demonstrate the perils of getting trapped in a narrow decision frame. And they explore people's tendency to be over-confident about how their choices will unfold. Drawing on case studies as diverse as the downfall of Kodak and the inspiring account of a cancer survivor, they offer both a fascinating tour through the workings of our minds and an invaluable guide to making smarter decisions. It is the winner in the Practical Manager category of the CMI Management Book of the Year awards 2014.
- Author BiographyCHIP HEATH is the Thrive Foundation for Youth Professor of Organizational Behaviour at Stanford University's Graduate School of Business. DAN HEATH is a consultant to the Aspen Institute. Together, they are the authors of the bestselling Made to Stick: Why some ideas take hold and others come unstuck and Switch: How to change things when change is hard. They write a regular column in Fast Company magazine, and have appeared on Today, NPR's Morning Edition, MSNBC, CNBC, and have been featured in Time, People and US News and World Report.
- PrizesWinner of CMI Management Book of the Year: Practical Manager Category 2014.
- Author(s)Chip Heath,Dan Heath
- Date of Publication06/02/2014
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRandom House Business Books
- Weight240 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.