All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe history of the Middle East is traditionally structured around the rise and fall of dynasties and states. The widely perceived view is that after the glories of an earlier golden age the region went into a steady and prolonged decline: populations decreased, ancient cities decayed and madism spread at the expense of civilized culture. In this pioneering text Peter Christensen challenges this story of decline. Long out of print but w reissued with a new introduction by the author, this important work is both a foundational text in the environmental history of the Middle East and a pioneering reassessment of traditional ideas about the historical processes of Iran and the Middle East region.
- Author BiographyPeter Christensen is Lecturer at the Institute of History, University of Copenhagen and at the Danish Institute for Study Abroad, Copenhagen.
- Author(s)Peter Christensen
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2016
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight635 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.