All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing both his background in interpreting biblical research and his interest in word-puzzles, nationally kwn journalist John Dart decodes the Gospel of Mark , with explosive results that will shake the foundation of New Testament studies. Dart uses ancient, puzzle-like writing devices called chiasms, which are found throughout Mark , to reconstruct the original Gospel. By the presence or absence of these chiasms, he identifies sections of the Gospel that were added by a later editor, and he recovers passages from the Secret Gospel of Mark (a work discovered in 1958) that the pattern of chiasms indicates had been deleted from canical Mark . The results are stunning and certain to be controversial.
- Author BiographyNationally known journalist John Dart, news editor of Christian Century magazine and a religion writer at the Los Angeles Times for 30 years, has written extensively about New Testament research. His books include The Laughing Savior: The Discovery and Significance of the Nag Hammadi Gnostic Library; The Gospel of Thomas: Unearthing the Lost Words of Jesus, and Deities & Deadlines. Dart has won numerous reporting awards.
- Author(s)John Dart
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight307 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.