All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Powerful Methodology for Solving All Types of Differential Equations Decomposition Analysis Method in Linear and Non-Linear Differential Equations explains how the Adomian decomposition method can solve differential equations for the series solutions of fundamental problems in physics, astrophysics, chemistry, biology, medicine, and other scientific areas. This method is advantageous as it simplifies a real problem to reduce it to a mathematically tractable form. The book covers the four classes of the decomposition method: regular/ordinary decomposition, double decomposition, modified decomposition, and asymptotic decomposition. It applies these classes to Laplace and Navier-Stokes equations in Cartesian and polar coordinates for obtaining partial solutions of the equations. Examples of physical and physiological problems, such as tidal waves in a channel, fluids between plates and through tubes, the flow of blood through arteries, and the flow past a wave-shaped wall, demonstrate the applications. Drawing on the author's extensive research in fluid and gas dynamics, this book shows how the powerful decomposition methodology of Adomian can solve differential equations in a way comparable to any contemporary superfast computer.
- Author BiographyKansari Haldar retired as a professor from the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. His work has spanned 35 years, covering fluid dynamics, gas dynamics, hydrodynamics, biofluid dynamics, biomagnetofluid dynamics, and Adomian's decomposition methodology.
- Author(s)Kansari Haldar
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.