All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThere have been many attempts to define the generation of students who emerged with the Web and new digital techlogies in the early 1990s. The term digital native refers to the generation born after 1980, which has grown up in a world where digital techlogies and the internet are a rmal part of everyday life. Young people belonging to this generation are therefore supposed to be native to the digital lifestyle, always connected to the internet and comfortable with a range of cutting-edge techlogies. Deconstructing Digital Natives offers the most balanced, research-based view of this group to date. Existing studies of digital natives lack application to specific disciplines or conditions, igring the differences of educational fields and gender. How, and how much, are learners changing in the digital age? How can a more pluralistic understanding of these learners be developed? Contributors to this volume produce an international overview of developments in digital literacy among today's young learners, offering invative ways to steer a productive path between traditional narratives that offer only complete acceptance or total dismissal of digital natives.
- Author BiographyDr. Michael Thomas is Senior Lecturer in language learning technologies and digital business communication in the School of Languages and International Studies at the University of Central Lancashire, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/05/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMichael Thomas
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.