All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFounded in 1860, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts boasts one of the most important and encyclopedic collections. To mark its 150th anniversary, the Museum is publishing an impressive series of three scholarly art books; the definitive reference on its collections. These sumptuous publications are lavishly illustrated throughout. The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts boasts a superb collection of decorative arts and design. This book spans seven centuries, from the Renaissance to the present, each chapter on a specific medium: fibre, glass, metal, paper, plastic and composite materials, pottery and wood. Thirty specialists write on 450 works by rewned architects, designers and craftsmen, including Carlo Bugatti, Emile Gall& Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Louis Comfort Tiffany, Charles Eames, Eero Saarinen, Carlo Molli and Ettore Sottsass, to name but a few. The Museum's decorative arts treasures, which include the celebrated Liliane and David M. Stewart Collection of mid-20th-century works, is among the most important collections in the world.
- Author BiographyRosalind Pepall is Senior Curator of Decorative Arts (Early and Modern) Diane Charbonneau is Curator of Contemporary Decorative Arts at the Montreal Museum.
- Author(s)Rosalind Pepall
- PublisherMcClelland & Stewart Inc.
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMontreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight3152 g
- Width244 mm
- Height349 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.