About this product
- DescriptionSo you're fired up, you want to make a difference, you want to change the world...but how? Signing up for your church's mission trip or service project is a great first step, and you are definitely going to make a difference in someone's life. But are you ready for the different cultures you may encounter? How are you going to really connect with the people you serve? And what about when you come home - how do you make sense of all the things you've experienced? It's easy to forget your experiences in the mission field - especially when the people around you haven't had those same experiences. And it is easy to go back to living your life the way you were before - but if you really want to change the world, you have to change, too. The only way that is going to happen is if you spend some time before, during, and after your service preparing for and processing your justice work. As you use this journal you will start to think about: the people you are serving; your relationship with your teammates; how God factors in to your service project; the impact your experience has had on you; and, how you can continue to make a difference in the world around you. If you think you're fired-up for service w, just wait! As you complete the creative and fun exercises included in this journal, you will be energized for justice work, you'll learn how to apply this to your own life, and thing will be able to stop you.
- Author BiographyBrad Griffin is the associate director of the Fuller Youth Institute, where he develops research-based training for youth workers. A native Kentuckian, Brad now lives in Pasadena with his wife, Missy, and their three children. After 14 years in youth ministry, he now volunteers in student and worship ministries at NewSong Church. Dr. Kara Powell, PHD, is the executive director of the Fuller Youth Institute (FYI) and a faculty member at Fuller Theological Seminary (see www.fulleryouthinstitute.org). She speaks regularly at youth ministry conferences and is the author or co-author of a number of books including Deep Justice in a Broken World, Deep Ministry in a Shallow World, and the Good Sex Youth Ministry curriculum. Kara lives in Pasadena, CA, with her husband, Dave, a medical device engineer, and their children Nathan, Krista, and Jessica. Kara Eckmann Powell es directora ejecutiva del Centro para la familia y el ministerio juvenil del Seminario Teologico Fuller. Ha sido pastora de jovenes por 15 anos y es una oradora popular en temas de pastoral juvenil en Estados Unidos.
- Author(s)Brad M. Griffin,Kara E. Powell
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight274 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 13 To 16
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.