All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeep Kwledge is a book about how people's ideas change as they learn to teach. Using the experiences of six middle and high school student teachers as they learn to teach science in diverse classrooms, Larkin explores how their work changes the way they think about students, society, schools, and science itself. Through engaging case stories, Deep Kwledge challenges some commonly held assumptions about learning to teach and tackles problems inherent in many teacher education programs. This book digs deep into the details of teacher learning in a way seldom attempted in teacher education textbooks.
- Author BiographyDouglas B. Larkin is an assistant professor in the Department of Secondary and Special Education at the Montclair State University in New Jersey, USA. He currently works with pre-service secondary science and maths teachers in the Newark-Montclair Urban Teacher Residency programme.
- Author(s)Douglas B. Larkin
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleTeaching for Social Justice Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.