All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionDeep Veils is an architecture mograph on veils, thickness, and envelopes in architecture as a counter narrative to transparency, openness, and clarity that underpin orthodox Modern architecture. The book features ten small projects completed in South East Asia between 2007-2012 that explore various architectural ideas under the rubric of deep veils. Each project responds to questions of envelope, surface, skin, form, atmosphere, perception and topicality. The projects represented within the book define in various ways how deep veils in architecture are manifest utilizing opaque and solid materials to produce forms of translucency, depth, and hazy atmospheres. Traced through the artistic legacies of Gertrud Arndt to Optical Art, the architectural theories of Gottfried Semper, Adolf Loos and the work of Le Corbusier, Kahn and Durell Stone a new direction for architecture, perception and thickness is put forth. Exquisitely crafted drawings lay clear the thinking behind each of the works in exploded axometric and worm's eye views. Beautifully shot photographs depict the complexity the projects while various texts highlight the theoretical underpinnings of the architectural thesis.
- Author BiographyErik G. L'Heureux, AIA, LEED AP BD+C is an architect and an educator. His design practice Pencil Office is based in Singapore. He is an Assistant Professor at the National University of Singapore. Erik was educated at Princeton University and Washington University in St. Louis and previously taught at the Cooper Union in New York City. His design work is found in Asia, has been published widely and has received numerous design awards. Grit Vltavsky, Dipl.-Ing., is an architect, writer, and educator based and practicing in New York City.
- Author(s)Erik L Heureux,Grit Vltavsky
- PublisherOro Editions
- Date of Publication31/12/2014
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintORO Applied Research + Design
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width148 mm
- Height324 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.