All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you feeling down and irritable a lot of the time? Do relationships with your family and friends seem more complicated than they used to? Do you wish that someone would understand that you aren't just being a moody teenager? If so, you're t alone and this book can help. Depression is more than being sad or in a bad mood and it can make life feel like it is all too much. Depression tells you that there is thing you can do about it, but with the right help you can turn your story around and rediscover all there is to enjoy in life. This practical guide uses techniques based on Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Adolescents (IPT-A) which has been used to help children and young people with depression around the world. IPT-A helps you to develop your own story of what is happening in your life so that you can understand your depression and how to get out of it. You will learn who you can call on to help, even when depression tries to tell you that one is interested. Don't listen - depression gives bad advice! IPT-A helps you to sort out the problems with other people that are an inevitable part of life when you are growing up and so much is changing around you. With IPT-A, we will get there together.
- Author BiographyDr Roslyn Law is a consultant clinical psychologist and one of the leading practitioners of Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) in the UK. She is Chair of IPTUK, the professional body for IPT therapists and National Lead for Interpersonal Psychotherapy in IAPT, a national government mental health campaign. She is director of the IPT training course at the Anna Freud Centre and holds an honorary senior lecturer post at UCL and has trained other clinicians in IPT in the UK and Ireland, Europe and in North America for many years. She wrote the national training curriculum for IPT-A training and is Course Director for both the IPT-A practitioner and supervisor training.
- Author(s)Roslyn Law
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight302 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.