Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionEliminate construction mistakes and minimize your exposure to expense and litigation with defect-free buildings. Nothing packs a more costly punch and ruins a project faster than a construction defect dispute. And thing stops a project dead in its tracks faster than conflicts between builders and owners. But with McGraw-Hill's Defect-Free Buildings , you can rid your projects of these debilitating conflicts and protect your business against the costs, delays, and litigation they create.Packed with easy-to-understand guidelines, protocols, and checklists, this indispensable volume helps you: determine proper construction methods and costs during planning and bidding; avoid defects in the building stages and enhance quality control; obtain the proper insurance and satisfy underwriting requirements; reduce or eliminate the threat and cost of litigation.To help you minimize cost and lost time when disputes become unavoidable, Defect-Free Buildings also delivers a wide range of powerful conflict-resolution techniques. You'll learn how to: get the right contract in place; develop forms and documents that minimize or eliminate disputes and delays in payment; document construction conditions to avoid potential conflicts and owner claims; resolve conflicts effectively; and more! Written by a construction attorney with more than 25 years' experience as an arbitrator and mediator, Defect-Free Buildings is the money-saving resource you'll want within reach on every construction job.
- Author BiographyRobert S. Mann has nearly 25 years' experience as a lawyer, arbitrator, and mediator of construction disputes. He has been involved in hundreds of complex construction defect and construction breach of contract matters involving hundreds of millions of dollars, and has successfully mediated/arbitrated over 100 construction, business, and real estate disputes. He has substantial technical expertise in virtually every aspect of construction, lectures extensively, and has authored numerous appellate briefs. Mr. Mann is President of The Mann Law Firm, APC, and a member of the National Roster of Construction/Commercial Arbitrators, American Arbitration Association, Panel of Mediators and Arbitrators, Arbitration Mediation and Conciliation Center. He was Special Litigation Counsel for the bankruptcy estate of owner/developer, resulting in the largest construction defect arbitration award in California history.
- Author(s)Robert S Mann
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleMcGraw-Hill Construction Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight768 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.