All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces a method of research which can be used in various fields of mathematics. It examines, in a systematic way, the quantitative characterizations of the deviation from a (given) property , called the defect of a property , in: set theory; topology; measure theory; real, complex and functional analysis; algebra; geometry; number theory; fuzzy mathematics.Besides well-kwn defects , the book introduces and studies new ones, such as: measures of ncompactness for fuzzy sets; fuzzy and intuitionistic entropies; the defect of (sub, super)additivity; complementarity; motonicity for set functions; the defect of convexity; motonicity; differentiability for real functions; the defect of equality for inequalities; the defect of orthogonality for sets and defects of properties for linear operators in rmed spaces; defects of properties (commutativity, associativity, etc.) for binary operations; defects of orthogonality and parallelness in Euclidean and n-Euclidean geometries; defects of integer, perfect, prime and amicable numbers; the defect of tautology in fuzzy logic.
- Author(s)Adrian I. Ban,Sorin G. Gal
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication23/04/2002
- Series TitleSeries on Concrete & Applicable Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.