All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe state of the art in the area of security related civil science and techlogy concerning energetic materials and munitions is of pressing importance at the present time, because 10 years after the end of the cold war, in many countries in east and west, huge stockpiles of munitions still await destruction. The safety behavior of munitions and their energetic material is the determining factor for all precautionary measures for the protection of environment and population. The probability of a catastrophic reaction of munitions and their energetic components will be so more likely, the closer the munitions are to the end of their life time. Residues and undetected ordnance, recycling, destruction of ammunition and depletion or reuse of energetic materials will either cause more or less damage to environment. Scientific research and development have the aim to increase performance of munitions on one side and to improve safety in relation to unpredictable events on the other side. The impact on the environment by the production and rmal use of munitions and their residues after use will acquire an increasing importance in environmental awareness. The excellent technical presentations were classified in five Groups, according to the technical programme. The Introduction to the subject; Methods, tests and application; Insensitive and green munitions; Storage and transportation; and Demilitarisation and recycling sessions, were closed by a final and general interesting discussion among participants.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/02/2005
- Series TitleNATO Science Series IV
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 44
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1220 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHiltmar Schubert,Jose Campos,Pelagio Castelo Branco
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.