All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionHow do you react in the line of fire? Are you able to remain calm in a storm? Defending against a threatening attack on your own king is one of the most difficult aspects to master in chess. Yet given the frequency of such offensives, it's certainly worthwhile investing a good amount of time on honing the ability to defend properly. In this valuable and entertaining book, Angus Dunnington arms the reader with all the necessary skills to be able to cope with vicious assaults on his or her king. Using illustrative games, Dunnington investigates in depth defensive ideas such as blockading, giving up material and the timely launch of counterattacks. Read this book and defend with confidence! As is commonplace with the rewned Starting Out series, there are an abundance of tes, tips and warnings throughout the book to help the improving player. Starting Out: Defensive Play is perfect for those who have previously honed their chess skills with the earlier books This book is for those starting out in chess and presents tips for young players. It includes all aspects of defensive play and sharpens tactical and combinative awareness, it is ideal for the improving player.
- Author BiographyEnglish International Master Angus Dunnington is a well-respected and popular personality on the international chess tournament circuit. He is also a successful chess teacher, who has coached many of Britain's top junior players. Earlier works for Everyman Chess include Chess Psychology and Blunders.
- Author(s)Angus Dunnington
- PublisherEveryman Chess
- Date of Publication05/09/2005
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleStarting Out Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman Chess
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.