All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative manual presents an accessible 18-step program widely used by clinicians working with challenging teens. Steps 1-9 comprise parent training strategies for managing a broad range of problem behaviors, including those linked to oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Steps 10-18 focus on teaching all family members to negotiate, communicate, and problem-solve more effectively, while facilitating adolescents' individuation and automy. Practical reproducible handouts and forms are included; the print book has a large-size format and lay-flat binding to facilitate photocopying. Purchasers also get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials. New to This Edition *Incorporates 15 years of research advances and the authors' ongoing clinical experience. *Fully updated model of the nature and causes of ODD. *Revised assessment tools and recommendations. *Reflects cultural changes, such as teens' growing techlogy use. See also the authors' related parent guide, Your Defiant Teen, Second Edition: 10 Steps to Resolve Conflict and Rebuild Your Relationship, an ideal client recommendation. For a focus on younger children, see also Dr. Barkley's Defiant Children, Third Edition (for professionals) and Your Defiant Child, Second Edition (for parents).
- Author BiographyRussell A. Barkley, PhD, is Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. The author of numerous bestselling books for both professionals and the public, including Taking Charge of ADHD and Your Defiant Child, Dr. Barkley has worked with children, adolescents, and families for over 35 years. His website is www.russellbarkley.org.Arthur L. Robin, PhD, is Director of Psychology Training at Children's Hospital of Michigan and Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences at Wayne State University. Dr. Robin is a practicing psychologist with more than 40 years of clinical experience.Drs. Barkley and Robin are also the authors of the related parent guide, Your Defiant Teen, Second Edition.
- Author(s)Arthur L. Robin,Russell A. Barkley
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication12/05/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, figures
- Weight488 g
- Width266 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.