All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
About this product
- DescriptionDefining Management charts the expansion of management as an idea and practice from a time when it was limited to churches and households to its current ubiquity, focusing in particular on the role of business schools, consultants, and business media in this process. How did an entire industry develop around business schools, consultants, and business media who are w widely considered the authorities regarding best management practice? This book shows how these actors - on their own and in interaction - * became taken-for-granted and gained such definitional power over management and managers, * expanded across the globe from often modest and t always respected origins, and * impacted, and continue to impact businesses and, increasingly, the broader ecomic and social context. Building on extant and some new research, the book is unique in bringing together issues and actors that have been examined elsewhere separately. Any student or professional of management interested in the evolution of their field or the rise of business schools, consultants and business media will find this book both vel and thought-provoking.
- Author BiographyLars Engwall is Professor Emeritus of Business Studies at Uppsala University, Sweden. He has published widely on institutional change and the diffusion of management ideas, in particular the role of management education and of the media. Matthias Kipping is Professor of Policy and Chair in Business History at the Schulich School of Business, York University, Canada. He has published many articles and co-edited two books on the consulting business. Behlul Usdiken is Professor of Management and Organization at Sabanci University, Turkey. His work on business education and organizational research has appeared in various journals, including the Journal of Management Studies, as well as in edited collections.
- Author(s)Behlul Usdiken,Lars Engwall,Matthias Kipping
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 25 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.