Defining Moments: Experiences of Black Executives in South Africa's Workplace by Wendy Luhabe (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.81Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlack executives, managers and professionals in business have become an important grouping in South African society. But this is a relatively recent development. Defining Moments presents the stories of three decades of black executives, drawing on significant aspects of management theory and practice in the context of the changing socio-ecomic conditions that prevailed in each decade. These stories have never been documented, and without this title and the research underpinning it the experiences of these managers were in danger of being lost forever. The first generation of black professionals who braved the corporate world in the 1970s were handicapped by Bantu Education and apartheid legislation, but they were imbued with a vigorous culture of debate born of the struggle. During the 1980s, they increased in numbers and included black females with qualifications in commerce and finance. The 1990's generation were supported by changes in the political landscape in South Africa which gave birth to the country's new democracy and universally admired Constitution. This title offers the experiences and attitudes of black executives of the past three decades to future generations and invites both black and white professionals to use this publication as a tool to create a better understanding and bridge the gap between cultures.
- Author BiographyWendy Luhabe was born and grew up in South Africa in the old Benoni Location. Her family was forcibly removed to Daveyton near Benoni before moving to Cradock when she was 11. One of the major influences in her youth was Matthew Goniwe who taught her maths and science at high school. After two years at Fort Hare University she moved to the University of Lesotho where she graduated with a BComm.. She has received various awards for her pioneering and leadership roles both in South Africa and internationally. She is married to Mbhazima Shilowa, the premier of Gauteng Province and has two sons
- Author(s)Wendy Luhabe
- PublisherUniversity of KwaZulu-Natal Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2002
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationScottsville, Kwazulu-Natal
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintUniversity of KwaZulu-Natal Press
- Weight400 g
- Width170 mm
- Height245 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.