All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the end of the Cold War, federal funding for research at American universities has sharply decreased, while changes in federal policy have combined with the emergence of new high-techlogy fields to make universities an attractive partner to private industry. In thirteen insightful and wide-ranging essays, Defining Values for Research and Techlogy examines the modern research university in the throes of this transition. While ackwledging the challenges of increased corporate funding, its contributors argue that university-industry partnerships have the potential to both benefit industrial expansion and enrich academic life.
- Author BiographyWilliam T. Greenough is Swanlund Chair and Center for Advanced Study Professor of Psychology, Psychiatry, and Cell and Structural Biology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Philip J. McConnaughay is dean and Donald J. Farage Professor of Law at The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law. Jay P. Kesan is professor and director of the Program in Intellectual Property & Technology Law at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/10/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width161 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJay P. Kesan,Philip J. McConnaughay,William T. Greenough
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.