All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to the American Brain Tumor Association, almost 70,000 Americans will be diagsed with a primary brain tumor this year alone. If you or someone you care for shares the tragic reality of the above statement, Defy & Conquer will shed valuable light on contemporary cancer care, what to expect, and how to cope physically, mentally, and spiritually. Mindy Elwell offers a captivating memoir, describing three years living with Anaplastic Astrocytoma (Grade III), from initial symptoms to early diagsis, needle biopsy, adopting the Ketogenic Diet, a lifetime s worth of radiation, chemotherapy, and a craniotomy to finally remove the tumor, located deep within the thalamus. This first-person view of brain cancer spans traditional and adjuvant therapies, and is both educational and informative, with diagstic and surgical tes disclosing pathology reports, the biopsy procedure, and the tumor resection surgery, which was performed utilizing state-of-the-art, intra-operative brain mapping. Learn about the metabolism of cancer cells and details on how to adopt the Ketogenic Diet through contributions from Ms. Elwell s professional team at the rewned Barrow Neurological Institute Dr. Adrienne C. Scheck, brain tumor researcher, and Leora Renda, RDN. Publisher s Disclaimer: As Ms. Elwell states in her Introduction, t all cancer patients will experience cancer the way she did, r will they respond the same to her treatment regimen or diet. If you are diagsed with cancer, there is more important source of information and guidance than your health professional. Defy & Conquer is t a replacement for professional medical care or advice, r is it intended to be a How To in dealing with cancer. It is merely one brave woman's account against a deadly disease, shared with the public in the hopes of helping others cope and endure a similar situation.
- Author BiographyMindy Elwell has a Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology and previously worked with troubled and disadvantaged teens and their families, as well as those facing drug addiction and abuse. Everything changed March 2012, with a diagnosis of terminal brain cancer. Mindy has now outlived her terminal diagnosis and is enjoying life once again with her husband and three children in Arizona.
- Author(s)JZ Bingham,Mindy Elwell
- PublisherBalcony 7 Media and Publishing
- Date of Publication25/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBalcony 7 Media and Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.