All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionDelaware s March 1962 storm caused unprecedented destruction to life and property. Unusually high wind-driven tides carried breaking waves inland, destroying buildings and structures that, ordinarily, would have been beyond the reach of the surf. These photographs and the story they tell about devastation and destruction carry a strong message about hazards, risks, and the vulnerability of Delaware s communities and environments.
- Author BiographyWendy Carey is the coastal hazards specialist for the Delaware Sea Grant College Program. She has worked on topics related to the Delaware coast for more than 35 years and collaborates with communities on hazard adaptation, mitigation, and resiliency initiatives. Tony Pratt, administrator of the Delaware Department of National Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) Shoreline and Waterway Management section, has been involved in managing Delaware's shorelines for more than 30 years. During coastal storm events, he is directly engaged in storm preparation, response, and recovery efforts. Kimberly McKenna is a professional geologist and coastal processes specialist for the Delaware DNREC Shoreline and Waterway Management section. With over 25 years of experience analyzing shoreline changes, she coordinates research to support science-based management of the Delaware coast. Royalties from book sales will be donated to Delaware Sea Grant for continued outreach programs related to coastal hazards and community resiliency.
- Author(s)Anthony P Pratt,Kimberly K McKenna,Wendy L Carey
- PublisherArcadia Publishing (SC)
- Date of Publication06/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleImages of America (Arcadia Publishing)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcadia Publishing (SC)
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width163 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.