Delay and Disruption in Construction Contracts by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $576.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.31+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by greatpricedeals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDelay and disruption in the course of construction impacts upon building projects of any scale. Now in its 5th edition Delay and Disruption in Construction Contracts continues to be the pre-eminent guide to these often complex and potentially costly issues and has been cited by the judiciary as a leading textbook in court decisions worldwide, see, for example, Mirant v Ove Arup  EWHC 918 (TCC) at  to  per the late His Hour Judge Toulmin CMG QC. Whilst covering the manner in which delay and disruption should be considered at each stage of a construction project, from inception to completion and beyond, this book includes: * An international team of specialist advisory editors, namely Francis Barber (insurance), Steve Briggs (time), Wolfgang Breyer (civil law), Joe Castella (North America), David-John Gibbs (BIM), Wendy MacLaughlin (Pacific Rim), Chris Miers (dispute boards), Rob Palles-Clark (money), and Keith Pickavance * Comparative analysis of the law in this field in Australia, Canada, England and Wales, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, the United States and in civil law jurisdictions * Commentary upon, and comparison of, standard forms from Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, USA and elsewhere, including two major new forms * New chapters on adjudication, dispute boards and the civil law dynamic * Extensive coverage of Building Information Modelling * New appendices on the SCL Protocol (Julian Bailey) and the choice of delay analysis methodologies (Nuhu Braimah) * Updated case law (to December 2014), linked directly to the principles explained in the text, with over 100 helpful Illustrations * Bespoke diagrams, which are available for digital download and aid explanation of multi-faceted issues This book addresses delay and disruption in a manner which is practical, useful and academically rigorous. As such, it remains an essential reference for any lawyer, dispute resolver, project manager, architect, engineer, contractor, or academic involved in the construction industry.
- Author BiographyAndrew Burr is a barrister, arbitrator and adjudicator, having been a member of Atkin Chambers since 1983. He specialises primarily in construction and technology matters and is an affiliated foreign lawyer with Varul (Vilnius, Lithuania). Andrew is a listed arbitrator in multiple jurisdictions and recently sat on the ICC's advisory committee for the revision of its Dispute Board Rules. He is also both the general and articles editor for Construction Law Journal.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleConstruction Practice Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables
- Weight2086 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine61 mm
- Edited byAndrew Burr
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.