Deleuze, The Dark Precursor: Dialectic, Structure, Being by Eleanor Kaufman (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $93.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 20 Mar
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGilles Deleuze is considered one of the most important French philosophers of the twentieth century. Elear Kaufman situates Deleuze in relation to others of his generation, such as Jean-Paul Sartre, Pierre Klossowski, Maurice Blanchot, and Claude Levi-Strauss, and she engages the provocative readings of Deleuze by Alain Badiou and Slavoj Zizek. Deleuze, The Dark Precursor is organized around three themes that critically overlap: dialectic, structure, and being. Kaufman argues that Deleuze's work is deeply concerned with these concepts, even when he advocates for the seemingly opposite tions of univocity, nsense, and becoming. By drawing on scholastic thought and reading somewhat against the grain, Kaufman suggests that these often-maligned themes allow for a nuanced, even positive reflection on apparently negative states of being, such as extreme inertia. This attention to the negative or mir category has implications that extend beyond philosophy and into feminist theory, film, American studies, anthropology, and architecture.
- Author BiographyEleanor Kaufman is a professor of comparative literature, English, and French and Francophone studies, as well as an affiliate in Jewish studies and the Center for the Study of Religion at the University of California, Los Angeles. She is author of The Delirium of Praise: Bataille, Blanchot, Deleuze, Foucault, Klossowski and coeditor of Deleuze and Guattari: New Mappings in Politics, Philosophy, and Culture.
- Author(s)Eleanor Kaufman
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Series TitleRethinking Theory
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note1, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.