All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionDelia and Nemesis - The Elegies of Albius Tibullus provides an introduction to the first-century Latin Poet, Albius Tibullus, whose charming poetry ranks among the most delicate and sophisticated verse produced in the Augustan age. The author presents the material so that readers unfamiliar with the Latin language and history can access it easily. The book introduces Tibullus and discusses his poetic sensibility and technique. Each of his sixteen elegies is treated in a separate chapter consisting of an introduction to provide the reader with the needed historical and mythological information, and a new verse translation. Literary commentaries discussing the structure of the elegies, the poet's literary strategies and suggested readings of the text follow each translation enabling the reader to obtain a full understanding and appreciation for his work.
- Author BiographyGeorge W. Shea is Associate Professor of Classics at Fordham University.
- Author(s)George W. Shea
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/09/1998
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width136 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.