Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $16.10Trending at AU $18.01
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.32
- AU $46.45Trending at AU $50.80
- AU $16.23Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $32.12
- AU $31.11Trending at AU $32.37
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $25.71
About this product
- DescriptionToday's trend in cooking leans toward more healthful foods. Gourmets seek to ferret out new flavours, aromas, textures and delights. Housewives need easy, varied and uncomplicated recipes. Executives want light meals that allow them to continue working immediately after eating without feeling weighed down. Children must have urishing snacks to take to school. All of us want aphrodisiacs, better health, satisfying tastes, foods that are appropriate for beginning or ending a meal, healthful beverages to quench our thirst; easy and appetising drinks, food surprises for private moments. The solution to all of these needs lies in the universe of fruits, and the sublimation of all of these expectations can be found in tropical fruits. Colombia, located in the American tropics, with coasts on two oceans, high mountains, broad plains and jungles, has every variety of fruit or is capable of producing them. Within Colombian territory, in Old Caldas, which is the heart of the coffee growing area, the most varied species of fruit trees are concentrated in a veritable earthy paradise. This region is particularly blessed because of the exuberance of its landscape, the diversity of its vegetation and the richness of its soil, fertilised daily by volcanic ash. Here fruit is a fundamental part of what we call the Coffee Culture, since for generations the trees that bear fruit have been vital to the landscape, providing additional income for the ecomy, flavour for regional customs and a further basis for the transition of good eating. In this book, with creativity and invation, we are rescuing the best of culinary kwledge concerning the exquisite and exotic tropical fruits, many of which are just w being discovered by the palates of those living in countries with seasons. In these pages we open the door to many a healthful and marvellous epicurean adventure.
- Author BiographyLiliana Villegas is not only creative and dynamic but also a fanatic of good eating. She has a deep knowledge of the Old Caldas Colombian region, and she lives, works and cooks, especially fruit recipes, in Manizales, capital city of the department. This versatile woman has explored several branches of art. She started at the textile workshop of Los Andes University, moved on to fashion, carpet, doll and interior design and finally specialized in Fine Arts at the Parsons School of Design of New York and Paris. This is her third book after IWOUYA, La Guajira a traves del Tejido (IWOUYA, Guajira Through Weaving, 1982) and ARTEFACTOS, Objetos de la Vida Cotidiana del Viejo Caldas (ARTEFACTOS, Every Day Crafts from Old Caldas, 1988).
- Author(s)Liliana Villegas
- PublisherVilegas Editores Ltda
- Date of Publication19/12/2002
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationColombia
- ImprintVilegas Editores Ltda
- Content Notecolour photos
- Weight1395 g
- Width240 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.